At Technicians Make it Happen, we know that Technicians aren’t just for Christmas, but this Winter we wanted to launch a competition to make a fuss of those who help make the Xmas Holidays Happen!
Are you a food technician, helping to fill advent calendars with joy? Or maybe you’re a lighting technician creating a dazzling display or panto production? Whether you’re ensuring people safely get home for the holidays, creating medication to fight against dreaded winter lurgy or creating magical decorations and gifts – we want to hear from you!
Submit your story using the hashtag #TechniciansMakeXmas on Twitter for a chance to win our festive goodie bag and a £100 Amazon voucher.
Submission closes at midnight on 8 December, so get tweeting! Tip: Particularly festive entries will carry more sway with the judges! If you’re not on Twitter, you can submit your entry to us via firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners will be announced on 14 December – best of luck!
Terms and Conditions for Technicians Make it Happen Image Competition
1. The promoter is The Gatsby Charitable Foundation (registered charity number 251988) whose registered office is at The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AP.
2. This competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents except employees of The Gatsby Charitable Foundation or anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
8. Route to entry for the competition is by submitting a verbal or image the entrant has created via Twitter or the contact form on the Technicians Make It Happen website. The entry must include the words ‘Technicians Make Xmas’ or the hashtag #TechniciansmakeXmas in the caption
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize is as follows:
The prize is a £100 Amazon voucher, a Technicians Make It Happen water bottle, x 3 sets of stickers, a pop socket, a Christmas hat and ‘I <3 Technicians’ badges, which will be sent directly to the winner. The prizes are not transferable. The winner will be selected 14 December 2017.
12. Winners will be chosen:
The Gatsby Charitable Foundation will judge the competition and choose the winner on the 14 December from all of the entries received between 21 November 2017 – 8 December 2017.
13. The winner will be notified via a direct message via the platform by which they submitted their entry (either Twitter or Email) within 7 days of the 14 December. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 28 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner agrees to the Gatsby Charitable Foundation using his/her entry photograph in any campaign publicity material, including the website and social media channels.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Gatsby Charitable Foundation and not to any other party.
21. The Gatsby Charitable Foundation reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to The Gatsby Charitable Foundation disqualifying that person, without The Gatsby Charitable Foundation being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
Competition can also be found here: http://www.theprizefinder.com/