Simply tell us your name, the name of the technician you would like to nominate, their city of residence, what they ‘make happen’ and why you think they represent the best a technician can be.
The winning nominee will then be photographed by us, becoming a case study in our national campaign to raise the profile of technicians. Their portrait will also hang in our gallery at the Mining Institute, Newcastle for the last two weeks of our exhibition.
Both the nominated technician and the person who nominated them will also receive £100 worth of Amazon vouchers.
This competition is running from Wednesday 1st August to Wednesday 15th August.
The winning technician will be chosen on Thursday 16 August and notified via the person who nominated them. Full terms and conditions can be found below.
**PLEASE NOTE** – It is very important that you believe the technician you nominate will be happy to be photographed, be a part of this campaign and that they are available to be photographed between 17 August 2018 and 24 August 2018.
Good luck all you technicians!
Terms and Conditions for Technicians Make it Happen ‘Nominate a technician’ competition:
1. The promoter is The Gatsby Charitable Foundation (registered charity number 251988) whose registered office is at The Peak, 5 Wilton Road, London, SW1V 1AP.
2. This competition is open to all UK and Republic of Ireland residents except employees of The Gatsby Charitable Foundation or anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. Multiple entries per person are permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Route to entry for the competition is by submitting your full name, the name of the technician you would like to nominate, their city of residence, what they ‘make happen’ and why they represent the best a technician can be. The submission can be physical (via the submission box on the second floor of the Mining Institute) or electronic by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Nominate a Technician’.
The competition will run from 9am on Wednesday 1 August to 11pm on Wednesday 15 August.
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. The prize is as follows:
The prize is to become one of our technician case studies – this will involve a photo shoot and case study session which will happen between 17 August 2018 and 24 August 2018. This session will take approximately 2 hours. The winner’s case study will then hang in the Technicians Make it Happen gallery at the Mining Institute, Newcastle for two weeks from 27 August 2018 and 9 September 2018. The nominated technician and the person who nominated them will also both receive £100 worth of Amazon vouchers. The prizes are not transferable. The winner will be selected 16 August 2018.
12. Winners will be chosen:
The Gatsby Charitable Foundation will judge the competition and choose the winner on the 16 August from all of the entries received between 1 August 2018 – 15 August 2018.
13. The winner will be notified via a direct message via the nominated contact with which they submitted their entry (either Phone or Email) on 16 August 2018. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 2 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner. If the winner’s nominated technician does not wish to be a case study for the campaign, no part of the prize will be awarded and the Gatsby Charitable Foundation will choose a new winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with the GDPR and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner agrees to the Gatsby Charitable Foundation using his/her entry in any campaign publicity material, including the website and social media channels.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
20. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to The Gatsby Charitable Foundation and not to any other party.
21. The Gatsby Charitable Foundation reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it believes that an entrant has breached any of the Conditions, any applicable law (including without limitation copyright law) or has infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Conditions may lead to The Gatsby Charitable Foundation disqualifying that person, without The Gatsby Charitable Foundation being required to give any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.